The Town of East Fishkill Fire Inspector is responsible to assist the Building Inspector in the performance of his duties. These duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Administration and enforcement of the New York State Prevention and Building Code and other applicable laws, ordinances, regulations and local laws or ordinances.
- Review site and building plans and issue permits.
- Inspect existing buildings and new construction for compliance with codes.
- Receive and investigate complaints.
- Issuing notices for code violations and initiating court proceedings as required.
- Inspect places of public assembly and establish occupancy load.
- Respond to fires and other emergencies when requested to inspect the premises to address any safety concerns and code violations.
- Provide technical assistance on fire, safety and building code issues to residents, builders, design professionals, officials, and other interested parties.
- Promote fire prevention to the community.
Properly installed and maintained smoke detectors save lives!